Click here for Home

Friday, March 12, 2010

My BBQ Chicken Wings dinner


This is my BBQ chicken dinner I made last night. Mum wasn't free so I just help her with it. (the experimenting flavors were my idea though hehe) I tried few flavors (garlic, ginger, onions & pepper flavour)  I just seasoned the chicken wings overnight in BBQ sauce and took it out to heat up in to the oven for 20mins at 220 degree celcius before I flip the chicken and bake for another 20mins. to make sure it is fully cooked, later i wrap them in aluminium foil and place my flavors + honey to enhance the taste for another 15-20mins. My bro like the black pepper chicken, I like the ginger taste most. hehe Maybe it's because I personally love ginger alot. hehe . 

Ginger flavour honey BBQ chicken.  (after)


Season Chicken in BBQ sauce overnight in the fridge.





Took it out and warm up the oven for 15mins. Heat the chicken at 220 degree celcius in 20 mins and flip chicken for another 20mins before applying honey and heat again for 5-10mins. Chicken should be ready by then. If you want added flavours, try wrap the chicken wings in aluminium foil add in flavours (I strongly recommend ginger) wrap tightly with one small hole for ventilation purposes.



I tried to mix the flavour, ginger with onions & honey  (before)



Onion flavour with honey (before)



This is the strongly recommended ginger flavours before it was sent in for the second round. (before)



Spicy dried chilis and pepper flavour (no honey is added) did not taste spicy though (After)


Garlic with honey flavour. It has a unique taste I think garlic lover will like it too. hehe (Before)

I do not know how fattening all these bbq chicken session will be but it was quite healthy since there is no oil added, only natural flavours (garlic/ginger/onions/peppers/honey) other than the bbq sauce. It took me about an hour plus to finish baking all 10 pieces of chicken wings though. 

No comments: